When it comes to finding the right relocation company, doing a little research is worth it. By shopping around, you can spot the signs of a bad mover to avoid scams and find a reliable mover that fulfills your needs and fits your budget.
- Getting recommendations from friends, colleagues, and realtors are the best way to start your research process.
- Do a brief background check on the list of recommended movers.
- Only deal with licensed companies.
- Enquire about their worker’s compensation insurance and what cover they provide for you.
- Ask for some references, and call to verify them.
Narrow Down Your List
- Once you have three or four moving companies from which to choose, get clear on exactly what is and is not included in their quotations. Beware of unpleasant hidden costs.
- Choose whether you want:
- full service: the moving company packs, unpacks, and moves everything, or
- self-service: you pack and unpack, and the movers only move it.
- When a consultant comes to your home to give you an estimate, make sure that he or she thoroughly analyses your possessions. It is impossible to get an accurate quotation from a cursory glance. Be prepared to show the estimator everything – from the contents of your closets to your yard, basement, and attic.
- Get a written quotation and find out whether it is binding or not.
- Select your moving company,
- Confirm the dates and details of your move,
- Get a copy of the movers’ inventory list, and
- Get a number so that you can stay in touch with them on moving day.
Find Moving Companies in Toronto to Help with Your Move
Need movers to save you time, effort, and money? Look no further than Hills Moving. Not only are we licensed, bonded and insured, we are also the only moving company that includes all packing supplies for FREE with every move. Contact us today – online or on 647-460-3650 to find out more about our excellent quality and affordable service.
190 Harwood Ave S #15, Ajax, ON L1S 2H6